Monday, May 31, 2010

Looking Through New Eyes

After the past rather difficult week, I have spent quite some time today thinking and praying. Three passages of scripture have been coming into my mind all day. 


'Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.'
Philippians 4:8 - 9


'And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.'
Colossians 3:15


'Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit.'
1 Thessalonians 5:16 - 19


While not endorsing the worldly wisdom of the power of positive thinking, I do believe that the attitude I choose to have in my mind towards people, or circumstances, or just 'life' can determine how positive or negative my life is, for myself.
I was talking with my mentor, Roy, this morning and he was reminding me to always come back to truth. What is God's truth in any situation?
I feel that God is encouraging me to look at the world through his eyes and to place my trust in him, knowing that in ANY situation or circumstance, he is more than big enough and good enough to bring me through safely and prosper me.
Over the weekend God brought me back to the verse that has been my promise from him all throughout this past season:


Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. And there I will give her her vineyards and make the Valley of Achor a door of hope. And there she shall answer as in the days of her youth, as at the time when she came out of the land of Egypt. And in that day, declares the LORD, you will call me 'My Husband,' and no longer will you call me 'My Baal.'
Hosea 2:14 - 16


I felt that God was asking me if I still trust him to hold my hand through the 'desert' and believe that he can and will bring me fruitfulness even in the barrenness?

No comments: