Tuesday, June 22, 2010

God's Generosity

I just returned this past week from 2 weeks in New Zealand. This is an amazing testimony!
It has been a very long time since I took a personal, relaxing holiday. I do travel quite a bit but it is for work or task and not for rest. I was reaching towards burn out but I did not have the finances to go anywhere.
Through a variety of people, I was so blessed to have my holiday to New Zealand paid for, both the travel expenses and some incredible treats while I was there! I was able to go White Water Rafting (including a 7-metre waterfall!), Aqua Jet Boating (0 - 100km in 4 seconds!), to a Thermal (Volcanic) Park, on a ferry cruise on Auckland Harbour which included climbing a volcano and being completely alone on an island for 2.5 hours, hiking, on an electric bicycle, on a trampoline... and many more things. I was also able to catch up on some overdue sleep. The first week I was there, I had a sleep in the day time every day and by the second week I was able to sleep 10 - 12 hours at night, something that I can never do here in Singapore.
An amazing thing is that, while I was wanting/praying for a holiday, New Zealand was far and above what I was asking or hoping for. 
While I was away, I continued with my usual reading plan and read through half of Numbers, Deuteronomy and Joshua. I was thinking about the journey that the Israel took. One verse stood out to me:


Know, therefore, that the Lord your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness, for you are a stubborn people. Deuteronomy 9:6


It reminded me that the goodness and generosity of God in my life is not earned by my own righteousness, for I too am a stubborn person, but rather because of who God is; my Daddy. 
This journey in having faith for finances goes to a whole new level when God provides for things that I didn’t even ask for and are overwhelmingly generous and good. And I didn’t even earn it!















No comments: