Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Warmth

I've had one of 'those' days and I was seriously ready to pack it in and ask God for another one. I had more than enough of the 'bad' and far too little 'good'.


But I decided to go out to stand on our balcony and watch the sun set. It's one of my favourite things to do when I can.


The warmth washed over my face. It is truly incredible. This fiery and terrifying mass became a soft and lovable friend, healing and refreshing my heart.


The colours were spectacular. So rich and vibrant.


I was reflecting on how God makes these amazing artworks every day, regardless of the kind of day it was. The sun sees so much evil in the world below. So much injustice, pain, horror. And yet faithfully, every day, it shines and brings warmth and healing.


It's so like God to create a world that continues to shine his goodness in spite of the damage we do to it and each other. He is faithful, when we are not.

No comments: