Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Hero

JJ was at home today and he heard loud shouting coming from outside his apartment. Upon looking out of the window, he saw an older Chinese man verbally abusing and harassing a Bangladeshi worker, trying to sweep the path. 
He went downstairs and asked the Chinese man what was wrong. He discovered that the Chinese man was very drunk. He started swearing and cussing and yelling about the 'lazy' worker who wasn't doing his job. But actually he was the one stopping the worker from doing his work.
The Bangladeshi worker had been harassed by the same man for three consecutive days.
In the end, JJ sent the Chinese man off. He asked the worker if he was okay. Then he thanked the man for doing his job.
When I heard this, my heart was so touched. Some people would be bother or disturbed by seeing this incident, but very few people would actually step out to do something about it. 
It reminded me of a verse in Psalm 45:


'In your majesty ride forth victoriously for the cause of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds.' v 4


I love hearing about people who stand up against injustice. It impacts me even more when I already know and love the one who stands up. 
I love this in JJ's heart. I am so proud that he didn't just ignore the event but was proactive to step out and do the right thing.
Thank you for being Jesus to the man who was being abused...


1 comment:

Chuka said...

He is truly a hero. I am so glad for you Jasmin.