Monday, October 27, 2014

Christian Business?



For those of you who don't know, I started a small business, Shiloh Handmade, towards the end of last year (2013). I started the business as I believed that God was leading me to do so. I still hold to that conviction, although my year, both personally and to do with my business, has been full of ups and downs. 

I have had few sales, all to supportive friends. I think that my products are more suited to the Australian taste, not so much for the Singaporean market in which I live. 

I feel that now, a year later, is a good time to reassess. I am thinking to change the whole look of Shiloh Handmade, but also to rethink what products to produce. 

In addition, I've been thinking through the question: am I a Christian who has a business, or is it a Christian business? Until now, I have been the former. I acknowledge that I am a Christian on my site, but I have not and do not emphasize it in any way. I am not ashamed of my faith. Not one bit. But it does change the market and tone of the whole thing. It is something to further think and pray on. 

For now I am thinking and praying and planning. Stay tuned for a new look and feel in the coming new year!

No comments: