Sunday, December 18, 2011

Enjoying Me

I was looking through all the ‘photos of me’ on Facebook this morning. After a while, I became aware of the inner dialogue inside of me. My eyes so quickly went to the areas of perceived ‘fault’. And oh how harsh with myself I was!
I came to the realisation that at some point in my life, I need to make peace with myself. I am faced with a choice. I can accept myself the way I am made, and even come to a place of gratitude to God for his wisdom in my design. Or I can keep up this constant dissatisfaction, fault picking and judging.
There is a fine line between endeavoring to be the best ‘me’ that I can be, and in never being satisfied with who I am now.
And the funny thing is, that happiness is found in both. 
It seems that the balance is found somewhere between complacency and dissatisfaction.
So, I need to learn to love the me I am today, and to continue building a healthy and satisfying life. And somehow enjoy the journey along the way.

No comments: