Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wisdom of God to do Justice

I heard a story two days ago that has not left me.
A YWAMer just returned from a mission trip. She met a young girl, only 11-years-old. This girl had been raped by her own brother and seven of his friends, one after the other. When they had finished with her, they cut her from her chest down to her stomach, believing that she would die.
But she didn't...
My instant response when I heard this, was to go... but go and do what?
Last night as I was reading my Bible, I came to a few words that 'jumped' out at me.


"And all Israel heard of the judgment that the king (Solomon) had rendered, and they stood in awe of the king, because they perceived that the wisdom of God was in him to do justice."
1 Kings 3:28


... the wisdom of God was in him to do justice...


Justice needs to be executed with God's wisdom. 
My church is about to embark on reading the Proverbs in a month, something very easy to do seeing as there are only 31 chapters. I used to read Proverbs every month and the wisdom inside this book is incredible!
As I think about these issues: wisdom, justice, abuse... I realize that I need to have WHOLENESS in my life. Jesus was the holiness and wholeness of God displayed and modeled. He pulled no punches when it came to injustice and sin and he was always merciful and loving, slow to anger and abounding in love.
I am heading towards a future of fighting injustice. I know it. But as I wait, as I go through my training period in God, I want to grow in his wisdom, his understanding, his mercy and his justice.





No comments: