Friday, March 12, 2010

Day of Birth

Today is my birthday.
I had received 2 cards in the mail this past week, which I had saved to open this morning. It was lovely to wake up and read them in bed.
When I came to the office, Jeanette gave me a lovely pair of shell earrings and Sujin gave me an umbrella and some face cream.
I received a call from my old roomie, Lydia, and Chuka during the morning to wish me a good day.
I called Mum in my lunch break and chatted with her for about half an hour.
But, on the most part, no one here at work remembered. 
I was just starting to feel miserable and not celebrated when I received a call from a delivery man to go to the gate. He gave me a gorgeous bunch of pink roses from Joel! I feel so loved and blessed by him.
In the evening, Joel took me to 'El Patio', a mexican restaurant in Holland Village. *Bliss* it was wonderful to have Mexican food after craving it for so long!
We went to Clarke Quay the and had a lovely stroll through the night markets before going to Southbridge Jazz at 7atenight at the Esplanade Mall. It was the first time I've heard Alemay Fernandez and she is INCREDIBLE. 
Joel, thank you for such a *wonderful* birthday in every way. Without your thoughtfulness and kindness and extravagant love, it would not have been so perfect...



No comments: