Sunday, November 23, 2014

Devotions

Source: http://www.amazon.com/The-Jesus-Storybook-Bible-Whispers/dp/0310708257

I was reading to my son the other night, from 'The Jesus Storybook Bible'. We were reading the story when Jesus was in the boat with his friends, and he calmed the storm.



'The wind and the waves recognised Jesus' voice. (They had heard it before, of course - it was the same voice that made them, in the very beginning). They listened to Jesus and they did what he said... 
...Then Jesus turned to his wind-worn friends. "Why were you scared?" he asked. "Did you forget who I Am? Did you believe your fears, instead of me?" 
Jesus' friends were quiet. As quiet as the wind and the waves. And into their hearts came a different kind of storm. (pg: 242)


Wow. I read this to my son and started crying. I could hear the Spirit speaking so strongly to my heart, whispering of the dreams that He has placed there, and daring me to have the courage to trust Him.

No comments: