Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Things To Do Before You Have A Baby

I was super organised when I was pregnant with our son. I thought through all the things I would need, got everything way ahead of time, had all his clothes washed and ready to wear, his toys cleaned, I thought through the kinds of toys I wanted him to have even... 

But now that I have a 4 month old, there are a few things that I wished I had done beforehand:


  • totally, utterly and completely sort out of house
I sorted out a LOT of our home before our son was born, but I wish that I had put our home in total order. For example, I want to buy storage containers to keep under our bed as extra storage space. Now, it is quite difficult to carry them home along with our son.

  • start my business and build my stock
I started my business after he was born and now it is not easy to have the time to make things to sell. Plus I am working on building the framework of the business at the same time. It would be helpful if everything was already set up, the postage process refined, store policies written so that I could just focus on making and posting as I can.

  • go on a very good holiday
My husband and I went on a trip to Australia when I was 5 months pregnant, but that was a trip to visit family and run errands. I would have liked to have taken a holiday nearby closer to the delivery date. I would go somewhere very relaxing with minimal interruptions and lots of fun things to do. Snuggling time would be compulsory because my husband and I barely get any any alone time these days. Not that we are complaining at all, but we should definitely have 'topped up' on this while we could have.

  • have a manicure and pedicure right before the due date
I managed to paint my nails two days before our son was born (which is a miracle in itself with a 9-month pregnant belly!) however I would definitely get a professional one done as close as possible to the time before having a baby again.


No comments: