Friday, November 2, 2012

Godly Men


I was talking to a friend a couple of days ago. She is in a difficult marriage. Both her and her husband have been to couple and individual counselling, all to not much avail.

As she was talking, I realised that I have nothing much to say. I have experienced bad marriages ‘second hand’. Both of my parents have had multiple marriages, none of which were wonderful. But for myself, my husband has put me in a place where I literally cannot complain about marriage, or say to someone in a bad marriage, ‘Oh, I know what you mean.’

Very honestly, I believe that my marriage is wonderful to a greater degree because of my husband, and not because of my own doing.

I am the quick to speak, short of temper one. He is quick to apologise and slow to anger.

The reason why I am posting this, is to say that bad marriage is not inevitable. That good men and good marriages do exist. That women can take heart and find hope.

I believe that marriage is designed to be a blessing and gift from God. It’s a place of security and love, peace and comfort.

I do not want to add to the worldly clamour that beats men over the head and yells how terrible the whole gender is. 

Thank you God, for godly men!

No comments: