Friday, December 11, 2009

Finally

Finally! After a prolific song writing year in 2007, I entered into a drought. I could not, would not, should not write anything. I tried a few times and every thing was dreary and monotonous and I begged myself to please stop boring myself and gave it up.
In the past month, I have had 2 people share with me that they feel God was saying, 'now is the time to begin writing again'. This had followed a growing conviction to the same end inside myself...
The question was, 'how?'
I am so out of touch and majorly hesitant and I am not who I was and I didn't know what to do.
Last night, I remembered the title of a song that I had wanted to write in 2007 and never got around to it.
I sat down and just wrote the lyrics.
Like that!
And I cried.
Later I typed them out and was doing other work and then I just picked up my phone, started voice record and then just sang the song.
Like that!
I praise God. This is not me. I had nothing to do with this. I did not strive, stress or force anything.
I look forward to seeing what God gives me from now...

No comments: