Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Small Group

I have a great small group in this current Discipleship Training School that I am staffing. There are 7 of us. At times, leading this group has stretched me and grown me. I have learnt a lot both technically about how to lead a group well, but also personally in my journey with God through these wonderful women.
One of my girls has had her Student Pass rejected and she has to return to her country on Sunday. I am very sad to lose her. Over these past 2 months, I have really grown to love her so much...
I guess it is hard sometimes to do the work that I do. I have people come and go in my life and it is hard to keep choosing to bond with people, knowing that in a few short months I will have to say goodbye.
However, our speaker this week (Fiona Gifford) said, 'Even if you only have 3 minutes with a person to add value to who they are, it is worth it.'
This is something worth thinking about...

No comments: