Sunday, October 21, 2012

Baby Mine




Yes! The word is out! I am 11 weeks pregnant and due 8 May 2013. 

It’s wonderful, thrilling, scary, beautiful and profoundly life changing.

That little squishy bean above is a whole person growing, who will have a character and identity separate to me or Joel. It really is astounding.

The response we have had is incredible. People have whole heartedly joined in celebrating with us, have given so freely and generously to us and we are so blessed to have such a community who support us so well.

One of the bigger adjustments I have had to face is the fact that people always want to touch my belly now. It almost feels like my belly is not my own. From my husband, to my immediate family, to friends and even to acquaintances, I spend a lot of time with peoples’ hands on my tummy. Takes a bit of getting used to, but I cannot complain because I am guilty of doing that too! And it definitely is great to see people’s excitement and support for us as a family.

Do pray for us as we walk out this journey of ‘expanding our tribe’ as my husband likes to say.

No comments: