Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Dare Myself

After being completely frustrated and saddened about the world and myself for a very long time, I came to a moment in time this afternoon when I HAD to do something!
IMAGINE if I took all the money that comes my way and said, ‘God, ALL this is yours… what do you want me to do with it?’

IMAGINE if I dared to radically give to people, even in times of lack.
IMAGINE if I opened my day planner and said, ‘God, ALL my time is yours… what would you like me to do with it?’

IMAGINE if I chose to invest time into people, giving them permission to talk and just listening without having to 'have my own say'.
IMAGINE if I surrendered all my possessions and said, ‘God, EVERYTHING I have is yours… what would you like me to do with these?’
IMAGINE if I opened my arms, looked into the face of my God and said, ‘Daddy, ALL I AM IS YOURS… You can move me, open me, heal me, love me, use me, ruin me, do whatever you want to… all I am is yours.’
I dare myself to do this. I am scared… but I shouldn’t be. God is good, faithful, trustworthy… what have I to fear? When I live and love with open hands, that is when everything I love is truly safe.
So why not try this? There is no point being convicted and then doing… nothing…

No comments: