Friday, November 21, 2008

Advent Conspiracy

As we are nearing Christmas, the mad rush begins to buy presents for our family and friends and for anyone and everyone that we can think of. I have ended buying gifts for people, not because I wanted to, but because I was afraid to offend them, or out of obligation as I knew that they would be shopping for me, possibly also out of obligation as they thought I would be giving them a gift.
Shopping Centres become increasingly hectic as we try to find the perfect gifts to give people that have everything.
After Christmas, we are blessed/burdened with more things to clutter our already cluttered lives, homes... Not all presents are so frivolous, but in general... you get the idea.
I was sent a link to this website by a friend of mine and I think it is worth visiting, watching the short video and perhaps being open to celebrating Christmas a little differently this year.

http://www.adventconspiracy.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K14c4NGuhDI&feature=related

No comments: